Education and Sciences
Education and Sciences
We envision the College of Education and Sciences as a center of scientific and technological research acting as a catalyst in producing quality graduates equipped with Christian values, knowledge, and abilities utilizing a curriculum relevant to their field of specialization.
To provide an educational training using technology that would cater to the needs of the students recognizing individual differences, cultural backgrounds, values, practices, and beliefs that would make them productive and successful in all undertakings as to become essential in the society where they belong.
- To provide for a general education that will assist each individual in the peculiar ecology of his own society. In order for an individual to attain his potentials as a human being and group participation which is the basic foundation of his development making him productive and versatile.
- To attain the nation’s manpower in the middle-level skills required for national development.
- To develop the professions that will provide leadership for the nation in the advancement of knowledge and for improving the quality of human life.
- To respond effectively to the changing needs and conditions of the nation through a system of educational planning and evaluation.
- To make the individual be conscious of the Almighty God and His Power and Authority over the lives and affairs of men and nations.
Bachelor of Arts Major in Psychology
AB Psychology is a four-year course designed to meet the rising needs of the country’s educational institutions.
Its curriculum includes basic education subjects, major field specialization, and a one-year practicum on work-related activities.
It is the latest addition to the LORMA Colleges roster of courses and accredited by ACSC-AAI at Level II -Resurvey.
To promote a more extensive curriculum for Social Sciences at the Tertiary level.
To provide opportunities for schools and work-related career.
To introduce to students the basic principles and concepts of psychology.
To assist students in their personal adjustments.
Bachelor of Secondary Education
The Bachelor of Secondary Education meets the purpose of making the teacher education responsive to the demands of a rapidly changing society and the challenges of global competitiveness.
LORMA Colleges provides our student teachers a dynamic avenue to acquire excellent communication skills and pedagogical understanding of the teaching profession. The college equips our students with these proficiencies to help them develop a professional identity and strengthen the fundamental competencies initially acquired. Our majors cater to the growing demand for competent Science, Math, and Computer teachers in the country.
This teacher education curriculum will include a body of knowledge, skills, attitudes, values, and experience that will provide prospective teachers with the necessary competencies essential to effective teaching. In effect, this course will prepare the future teachers in assuming multidisciplinary roles in a dynamic society.
The College of Education and Sciences provides an intensive training through in-school seminars, symposiums, conferences and affiliation with the Philippine Association for Teacher Education (PAFTE) for regional and national seminars.
Apart from these, students are given the chance to successfully perform their best in their internship and thus be given incentives and award as the Most Outstanding Student Teacher during the in-campus and off-campus internship.
We Offer Secondary Education Major in:
- General Science
|Michael Prince N. del Rosario||TOP 1||March 2016|
|Ruby Grace G. Galvez||TOP 3||September 2017|
|Kenneth M. Taningco||TOP 8||October 2018|
Amelia N. Vicente, PhD
Dean, College of Education and Sciences
072.700.2500 local 325