MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY is a branch of Medicine concerned with the performance of laboratory test procedures and analysis used in the diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of disease, and the maintenance of health.
It is a four-year course that develops and trains future laboratory personnel with the use of modern equipment and performance of scientific techniques, aims in providing medical data that the physician can use in assessing the clinical diagnosis of the patient.
MISSION & VISION
The College of Medical Laboratory Science / Medical Technology aims to produce
global Medical Laboratory Scientists / Medical Technologists equipped with scientific
and technological knowledge, skills, and attitudes in the delivery of modern Medical
Technology health care service.
To enable the students acquire and develop relevant knowledge skills and
attitudes in the field of Medical Technology / Medical Laboratory Science which
contribute to the holistic development of the learners, the community and the
country as a whole.
- To provide students with skill in scientific research methods and processes.
- To train and develop the students’ proficiency in instrumentation, laboratory
diagnostic procedures and quality control that will aid the physician in the
diagnosis and treatment of a disease.
- To inculcate among the students the values of discipline, diligence, honor,
honesty, integrity, service, dignity of labor, patriotism and faith in God.
After completing the BSMLS program, the graduate will:
- Embody the qualities of a true Christian dedicated to God and service to mankind;
- Demonstrate technical competence in the performance of scientific and clinical
tests in aid of diagnosis, treatment, and management of diseases, employing
principles of biosafety and proper waste management;
- Demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills in the workplace
- Be proficient in gathering, analysis and utilization of health information to
contribute to health care delivery system.
- Communicate effectively through oral and written means in conveying ideas,
concepts and health information to patients and co-workers in a clinical setting, as
well as in academic teaching.
- Display leadership qualities, inter- personal skills, professional and ethical practice
in collaborating with co-workers in the attainment of institutional goals;
- Apply research skills in relevant areas to contribute to the development of Medical
Technology / Medical Laboratory Science practice;
- Participate in community – oriented activities
- Manifest willingness to develop oneself academically and professionally.
As I enter the practice of Medical Technology, I shall:
- Accept the responsibilities inherent to being a professional.
- Uphold the law and shall not participate in illegal works.
- Act in the spirit of fairness to all and in the spirit of brotherhood toward other members of the profession.
- Accept employment from more than one employer only when there is no conflict of interest.
- Perform my task with full confidence, absolute reliability and accuracy.
- Share my knowledge and expertise with my colleagues.
- Contribute to the advancement to the professional organization and other allied health organizations
Restrict my praises, criticisms, views, and opinions within constructive limits.
- Treat any information I acquired in the course of my work as strictly confidential.
- Uphold the dignity and respect of my profession and conduct myself a reputation of reliability, honesty and integrity.
- Be dedicated to the use of clinical laboratory science to promote life and benefit of mankind.
- Report any violations of the above principles of the professional conduct to authorized agency and to the ethics committee of the organization.
- To these principles, I hereby subscribe and pledge to conduct myself at all times in manner befitting the dignity of my profession.
Revised Code of Ethics, March 7, 1997 PAMET Office, Makati Philippines