MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
Code of Ethics
As I enter the practice of Medical Technology, I shall:
- Accept the responsibilities inherent to being a professional.
- Uphold the law and shall not participate in illegal works.
- Act in the spirit of fairness to all and in the spirit of brotherhood toward other members of the profession.
- Accept employment from more than one employer only when there is no conflict of interest.
- Perform my task with full confidence, absolute reliability and accuracy.
- Share my knowledge and expertise with my colleagues.
- Contribute to the advancement to the professional organization and other allied health organizations
- Restrict my praises, criticisms, views, and opinions within constructive limits.
- Treat any information I acquired in the course of my work as strictly confidential.
- Uphold the dignity and respect of my profession and conduct myself a reputation of reliability, honesty and integrity.
- Be dedicated to the use of clinical laboratory science to promote life and benefit of mankind.
- Report any violations of the above principles of the professional conduct to authorized agency and to the ethics committee of the organization.
- To these principles, I hereby subscribe and pledge to conduct myself at all times in manner befitting the dignity of my profession.
Revised Code of Ethics, March 7, 1997 PAMET Office, Makati Philippines