Fast forward to an innovation which brings Lormanians into an accomplished reading culture, the Lorma Multimedia Library provides the perfect tools to 21st century education and the most exceptional way of spending those extra hours in campus.
Read: Apple ipad + Discovery Channel Documentaries + movie/music overload
Vision and Mission
Lorma Colleges Library envisions a dynamic center for excellent information resources for the paramedical, nonparamedical courses, secondary and elementary education. It commits to develop the total person to be competitive and active community leader vital to national development.
Lorma Colleges Library shares and provides quality support and information needs through expanded services using books and modern technology for the access and retrieval of information needed by the library clientele.
- Reserved Section – mainly houses books that are selected and designated by faculty members as required reading materials for their subjects. These books are used in the reading room on hourly basis or for photocopying.
- Reference Section – The collection contains extensive reference research materials consisting of encyclopedia, dictionaries, yearbooks, handbooks, almanacs, atlas and other covering general specific fields.
- Periodicals Section – The periodical collection includes titles of both local and foreign journals, magazines and dailies in current issues and open shelves for magazines and periodicals. The display shelves for current issues and open shelves for magazines and periodicals. The use of periodicals are confined to reading room use only.
- Special Collection – CD-ROM for various subjects is available e.g. Encarta, Grolier Encyclopedia, Algebra, Biology, Geometry, Chemistry, Calculus 1 & 2, among others. The library staff may be consulted to avail of the special collection.
Internet Room Functions
- Printing – Printing is available at the Main Internet Room, adjacent to the College Library. Printing cards can be purchased at the College Business Office.
- DVD/CD writing – Copying and writing of photos, music and video files are done at a minimal expense through this library service.
- Internet Services – unlimited access to the worldwide web using the library’s internet services. With over a 100 LCD and desktop units available plus soon to offer Apple i-pad browsing services, Lormanians definitely puts internet exploration at a maximum level.
- Multimedia Reference Tools – a wealth of information provided by the US content browsing capability inside the campus includes EBSCO research tools, Hulu (movie and TV series), Kindle (e- books and magazines), Netflix (film collections) and many other digital references.
- Campus Movie Theater – With a tie up between Lorma Colleges and the nation’s leading telecommunications provider PLDT, the campus movie theater boasts of a dedicated 3.5 mbps to showcase films, documentaries and video presentations on a wide LED screen format (53”).
The college library is housed in the 2nd floor of the old Annex building, Lorma Colleges Main Campus.
Mondays – Fridays 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM
No Lunch Break
Saturdays 8:00 AM – 12:00 NN, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Lunch break 12:00 NN – 1:00 PM
Schedules are subject to change
Users, Guidelines, Rules and Regulation
A student may enter the library upon presentation of a valid school ID.
Lorma Colleges alumni, professionals and other researchers who wants to research in the library must present a letter duly signed by the Chief Librarian. Outside researchers must pay a minimal fee of Php 50.00.
- Researchers are allowed to browse the shelves since the library has an open shelf policy. They can use the online catalog when searching for books.
- Unnecessary loud noise, group discussions, smoking, eating and drinking are not allowed in the library premises.
- Cellular / mobile phones should be set to silent mode or turned off before entering the library.
- Mutilation and theft of library materials shall be dealt with accordingly.
Issuing and returning of borrowed library materials are done at the general circulation section. Students should present the book/s they desire to borrow and their ID’s. Every user should follow strictly the date due of materials borrowed to avoid penalty.
Issuance of overnight books – 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Returning time (next day) – 9:30 AM
A maximum of two (2) books may be borrowed from the library for overnight use and can be renewed if such book/s is/are not in demand.
For books kept beyond its due date, the fine shall be Php 5.00 for the first hour and Php 1.00 for each succeeding hours of fraction thereof until the book is returned.
Staffs and Contacts
The library is manned by qualified and competent library staff headed by the Chief Librarian in fulfilling the information and instructional need of the students, faculty, alumni, and off-campus researchers.
Graduate School Librarian
Lead, Internet Coordinator
Rosemarie J. Tadina
Dana Michelle Castro
Ericson S. Cay-an
Claire P. Toluyen
Jeny C. Valdez
Romeo L. Manzano
Gloria D. Benitez
Phone: (+63) (72) 700 – 2500 local 360